Thursday, December 11, 2008

oh no, not another lawyer joke...

A lawyer, a doctor and a pastor were gathered at the deathbed of a rich but dying client. He motioned to them to come closer, and whispered: "You know, in all my years, you three have been the only people I've trusted. I would not like to go down to my grave empty-handed so I'm divvying up my entire life savings between the three of you.... when my coffin is being lowered, please throw in the briefcases containing the money I shall give you." And he proceeded to hand each one of them a briefcase with 10 million kenya shillings.

A few weeks after the funeral, the three men met for lunch. The lawyer confessed: "You know, jst before d-day, my wife had to undergo surgery - i have to admit i withdrew 30% of the funds to cover the expenses - i'm sure bwana tycoon won't mind too much..."

The other two men commiserated.

Then the doctor spoke up: "Yeah, in my case, I have an addiction I wanted to end completely - gambling... I had accumulated humongous debts and had to withdraw 50% of the funds to cover my debts. But it's all history now, I'll never enter a gambling den again, thanks to our good friend. I have learnt my lesson."

The other two listened without a word.

Finally the pastor spoke up: "You know, much as i understand where you two are coming from, I was able to resist temptation. I can honestly say I did my duty - while the coffin was being lowered into the grave, I threw in a cheque for the full amount!"

2 comments:

|d®| said...

And I suppose it was a personal cheque, not a banker's, right?

D'moiselle said...

hehe :)