Sunday, October 19, 2008

Every time I see the kind of preacher that insists on wearing a collar ascend the pulpit, I catch myself bracing for one of those sermons that drag on until blessed relief comes at 1pm. Usually I'm not wrong. Including today. But as we sang the recessional hymn it kinda made going to church worth it ... a song that I've not sung since waaaay back when, during Sunday school days... twas my favorite... Anyone identify?

It only takes a spark to get a fire going,
And soon all those around can warm up in its glowing;
That's how it is with God's Love,
Once you've experienced it,
Your spread His love to everyone
You want to pass it on.

What a wondrous time is spring,
When all the tress are budding
The birds begin to sing, the flowers start their blooming;
That's how it is with God's love,
Once you've experienced it.
You want to sing, it's fresh like spring,
You want to pass it on.

I wish for you my friend
This happiness that I've found;
You can depend on God
It matters not where you're bound,
I'll shout it from the mountain top
I want the world to know
The Lord of Love has come to me
I want to pass it on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for that!!! Do you know how many years its been since I have heard that song? I used to love it. I can't believe I still have the entire song memorized. Asanti!